Thursday, August 27, 2009

Annaliese's Messianic Dance

Once a month there are Messianic services that take place at our church for the Messianic Jews in our congregation. It is so neat to see the Hebrew traditions incorporated into a spirit-filled worship service. And there is something so powerful when His "chosen people" have accepted Yeshua as their Lord and Savior!

A couple months ago I was on the worship team for the Messianic service. It's not a service I usually sing at so I was unfamiliar with the songs and had to learn them. I would say 75% of them are in Hebrew - not my second language! So for a couple of days I was listening to these songs non-stop to learn them. Every time this one song, "Baruch Adonai", came on Annaliese stopped what she was doing and had to dance!

You'll notice she also has a toothbrush in her hand, which was a phase she went through. She was teething her molars a couple months ago so I gave her some toothbrushes to gnaw on. She would carry those things around with her everywhere - to bed, in the car, in the bath....you get the idea.

And I also apologize for the mismatched bow in her hair. At this time, a couple months ago, she made a game of putting in and taking off her bows. Apparently yellow was the color she grabbed at that time!

Enjoy her little dance!

0 comments: