Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Birthday A La Flay....

Today is my birthday, and as is the case every year, I have been made to feel so special by all my family & friends! I really have been celebrated all week long and today was the big cherry on top for me.
I had lunch with Dad & Kimmy at Mi Cocina in the Southlake Town Square and when we left, I noticed a large line wrapped around the building going into Williams Sonoma. Kimmy asked who they were there to see and it was Bobby Flay. I am not "into" any big movie stars or rock stars, but as a huge Food Network fan and foodie myself, Bobby Flay is as big as they get in my book. So, got in line and waited for 1 1/2 hours to see Bobby. Kimmy was so sweet to buy me his new cookbook as my birthday present and she helped me entertain Ethan & Annaliese while we waited. It was worth the wait....Bobby was as nice as I thought he would be and I was surprised that he was much smaller in person. Here are the pictures:






Despite the fact that I am a big Bobby Flay fan, I will take MY Bobby any day....even if he can't cook! :-)

2 comments:

Leah said...

How cool... what a great unexpected surprise! Sounds like you had a great birthday.

Happy Birthday! And P.S., you look fabulous in Teal!

Unknown said...

How COOL! Thanks for sharing your celebrity moment with the world...and a very happy - although belated - birthday, my friend!